We want to hear your successful community energy stories – these could be about how you have gone about getting a community together to embark on a renewable energy scheme or an energy saving scheme.
We’d like to publish a few different stories to help publicise and celebrate your successes (as well as any lessons you have learned along the way).
We don’t want to be too prescriptive, but here are a few pointers you may want to use. (Of course you may wish to focus on just one area):
- how you set up your group and whether you have a specific structure
- how you decided what your mission was and which technologies to use
- did you get any funding?
- did you find any useful resources? where? what?
- how long did things take?
- any useful advice to pass on?
- what you have managed to achieve?
- links to website for more information
thePeoplesPower is a Community Interest Company (CIC) dedicated to helping people with their energy bills. Any surplus funds we generate will go on community energy projects. Find out more about what being a CIC means to us.
We have also made this request on www.energyshare.com – a great place for communities to plan and develop their community project – find out more about community energy schemes on their site.